Saucy Italian Roast Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup red wine or beef broth
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. Combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper; rub over roast. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with mushrooms and onion. Combine the spaghetti sauce and wine; pour over meat and vegetables.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Slice roast; serve with pasta and pan juices. Yield: 10 servings.
4 ounces cooked beef (calculated without pasta): 218 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Italian Roast
"Loved this roast!! So easy! Put it over spaghetti squash for family members watching their carbs and egg noodles for those who aren't. Everyone loved it!!"
"easy, with simple ingredients, and leftovers (if there are any) are great, too!"
"I've made this 3 times. It's a meal guys really tuck into--girls too, by the way! Not the same old roast with carrots and potatoes--something a bit unexpected."
"I tried it today. Pretty good but still can't figure out why the beef is dry. Any ideas?"
"Loved loved loved it! You had me at spaghetti sauce. I served it with red wine. Soooo good! Will make again."
"I thought this was tasty, but my husband was not so enthusiastic. Maybe it was the type of spaghetti sauce I used."
"This was surprisingly good! I used a chuck roast and shredded it, the red wine added a very nice flavor. Sauce was a little thin."
"Delicious and so easy. This will become a regular at our house."