These burgers are very moist, and the homemade barbecue sauce adds a sweet touch that we love. I frequently double the recipe for picnics with friends and family. - Jennie Schneider, Sellerville, Pennsylvania
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- For the barbecue sauce, combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Herb Hamburgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p96