Saucy Ham and Rice
This recipe is a tasty takeoff on beef Stroganoff. It is my husband's favorite way to eat leftover ham, so I prepare it for him at least once a month.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute ham in butter for 2 minutes. Add the celery, green pepper and onion; saute until tender.
- Stir in the soup, mustard, dill and celery salt; stir until smooth. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 269 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1676mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Saucy Ham and Rice in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.