This recipe is a tasty takeoff on beef Stroganoff. It is my husband's favorite way to eat leftover ham, so I prepare it for him at least once a month.
Recommended: 40 Quick Dinners for Surprise Guests
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked rice
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute ham in butter for 2 minutes. Add celery, green pepper and onion; saute until tender. Add the soup, mustard, dill and celery salt; stir until smooth and heated through. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Ham and Rice in Country Pork 1996, p57