Saucy Fruit Medley
This is a variation of a recipe handed down from my mother-in-law. It can be used for brunch, as a refreshing dessert in summer or a colorful topping on yellow cake during the holidays. It keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days. This healthy combination can be stretched by adding more fruit and juice to the leftovers. The flavor improves each day. -Linda Tucker, Farmington, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cranberry-strawberry or cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 139 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Saucy Fruit Medley in Reminisce January/February 2001