- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter. Add chicken, onion and green pepper; cook and stir until the chicken is lightly browned and vegetables are tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a lightly greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSaucy Comforting Chicken
"This recipe is very tasty. The onions and peppers give it good flavor and the little bit of chili powder gives it pep. I will definately prepare it again."