Saucy Comforting Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and green pepper in oil and butter until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly and rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 379 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 919mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Jan 24, 2012
Very good recipe. My soup turned out to be more of a thick stew-type soup with great flavor - love the chili powder (even added some fresh cracked pepper for more kick). I did not add the butter - didn't need it. Thanks for submitting. Will make many more times
Feb 17, 2009
This recipe is very tasty. The onions and peppers give it good flavor and the little bit of chili powder gives it pep. I will definately prepare it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.