When you don't need to cook for a whole crew, try this smaller sized casserole that feeds just a few. "The saucy combination of chicken and rice is one of our favorite suppers," assures Edna Thomas of Warsaw, Indiana.
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and green pepper in oil and butter until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly and rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Comforting Chicken in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p34
Reviews forSaucy Comforting Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2009
"This recipe is very tasty. The onions and peppers give it good flavor and the little bit of chili powder gives it pep. I will definately prepare it again."