- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Place pork chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the onion, ketchup, brown sugar, water, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice and cooking juices. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSaucy Chinese Pork Chops
"Nothing special about this recipe, in my opinion. It WAS easy, but the flavors just did not seem to blend well. It was almost as if it was trying to taste Chinese, but did not really cut it."
"Very good and very easy. Love crock pot meals. Tweaked it just a little- added diced bell pepper and thickened sauce with cornstarch/water mix."
"Just ok. Probably won't make again."
"easy recipe but very bland!!"
"Very easy and yummy..... the soy sauce/ginger added such a great taste! Baked it at 350 for 2 hours covered and it was tender and fully cooked."
"Made this today since I errands to run and would not have time to make dinner. Followed directions and got rave reviews. Perfect for hot summer days. Will make again."