Saucy Chicken and Florets Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower and broccoli florets
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Place cauliflower and broccoli in a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Top with chicken. Cover and microwave on high for 10-14 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, garlic salt, onion powder and thyme. Drain chicken and vegetables; add soup mixture and stir to coat. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Toss the bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 390 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 905mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Chicken and Florets
"I used fresh cauliflower florets and it was excellent. I might just cook the cauliflower for a couple minutes before adding the chicken if I use fresh again."