Saucy Chicken A La King
We serve this saucy chicken over hot cooked noodles, rice or toast.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Add in the flour, bouillon, pepper and salt; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken; cook until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 459 calories, 31g fat (18g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Chicken A La King in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.