This heartwarming dish is something I threw together years ago for my oldest daughter. When she's having a rough day, I put on the Crock-Pot and prepare this special recipe. —Mary Morgan, Dallas, Texas
Recommended: 40 Quick Dinners for Surprise Guests
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Torn fresh basil, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine first seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce and tortellini. Cook, covered, until tortellini is tender, 15-20 minutes. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Freeze option: Place chicken and vegetables in freezer containers; top with sauce. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Chicken & Tortellini in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2017, p32