This heartwarming dish is something I threw together years ago for my oldest daughter. When she's having a rough day, I put on the slow cooker and prepare this special recipe. —Mary Morgan, Dallas, Texas
Featured In: 65 Chicken Dinners Ready in 3-Steps (or Less!)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Torn fresh basil, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine first seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce and tortellini. Cook, covered, until tortellini is tender, 15-20 minutes. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Freeze option: Place chicken and vegetables in freezer containers; top with sauce. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Chicken & Tortellini in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2017, p32
Reviews forSaucy Chicken & Tortellini
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2018
"Followed the recipe exactly. It was so easy and very good. I will do this one again!"