Saucy Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Cook the brussels sprouts according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in brown sugar, flour, salt, mustard and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Drain sprouts; cut in half. Add to sauce and heat through. Stir in sour cream and pimientos.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 219 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 13, 2015
Nice sauce, I liked the addition of the brown sugar, it sweetened this normally somewhat bitter vegetable up a bit.
Oct 18, 2014
Lots of flavour.
May 20, 2009
This was great! Thanks for the recipe!
Apr 10, 2009
I'm not much of a brussel sprout eater, but this recipe is good.