- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Cook the brussels sprouts according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in brown sugar, flour, salt, mustard and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low. Drain sprouts; cut in half. Add to sauce and heat through. Stir in sour cream and pimientos. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSaucy Brussels Sprouts
"Nice sauce, I liked the addition of the brown sugar, it sweetened this normally somewhat bitter vegetable up a bit."
"Lots of flavour."
"This was great! Thanks for the recipe!"
"I'm not much of a brussel sprout eater, but this recipe is good."