Saucy Broccoli Beef Bake
This is one of those casseroles that tastes even better reheated the next day.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 block (4 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup canned mushroom stems and pieces
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Add the broccoli, cheese, rice, green pepper and mushrooms; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the soup mix and water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes, whisking occasionally. Pour over beef mixture and stir until combined.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Originally published as Saucy Broccoli Beef Bake in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.