Saucy Beefy Beans
I combined beef, beans and tomatoes one day when I found myself without an idea for dinner. It’s wonderful with cornbread. — Shirley Little, Elizabethton, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with sweet onion, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in beans, tomato sauce and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without rice): 453 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1194mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 11g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Spanish Beans in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.