Saucy Beefy Beans
I combined beef, beans and tomatoes one day when I found myself without an idea for dinner. It’s wonderful with cornbread. — Shirley Little, Elizabethton, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with sweet onion, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in beans, tomato sauce and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 453 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1194mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 11g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Spanish Beans in tasteofhome.com