Fairwater, Wisconsin's Ferne Spielvogel relies on canned soups and crunchy chow mein noodles to flavor this hearty ground beef bake. Put it on your table for just 94¢ per serving.
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13×9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup chow mein noodles
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soups. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Bake 5 minutes longer or until noodles are crisp. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Beef Casserole in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p47