Saucy Barbecued Spareribs
Everyone who has tasted these ribs has asked for the recipe. It's a family recipe handed down from my mother-in-law.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min.
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds pork spareribs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces. Line a 11x7-in. baking dish with foil; grease the foil. Place ribs meat side up in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring remaining ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Discard cloves. Baste ribs with sauce. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes longer or until ribs are tender, basting several times. Serve with remaining sauce.