Saucy Barbecued Spareribs
Everyone who has tasted these ribs has asked for the recipe. It's a family recipe handed down from my mother-in-law.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min.
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds pork spareribs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces. Line a 11x7-in. baking dish with foil; grease the foil. Place ribs meat side up in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring remaining ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Discard cloves. Baste ribs with sauce. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes longer or until ribs are tender, basting several times. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts3/4 pound: 1063 calories, 61g fat (22g saturated fat), 207mg cholesterol, 1415mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (62g sugars, 2g fiber), 48g protein.
Originally published as Saucy Barbecued Spareribs in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.