Saucy Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 hard rolls, split
- Place pork on a rack in a roasting pan; bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 hours or until tender.
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomato puree, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Shred pork; add to the sauce and heat through. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 414 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Apr 1, 2013
Turned out soo good! I doubled the batch to feed those hungry folks!
Jul 23, 2011
This was just ok until I doctored up the sauce with about 1/4 cup KC Masterpiece. Also, the roast didn't shred. After doing some research, this roast probably should have cooked at a lower temp for a longer time. I would try a different recipe next time.
Aug 7, 2010
Very good and it used ingredients that I had on hand. We ate a sandwich and froze the rest. Looking forward to having more later.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.