Saucy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
These tangy beef sandwiches are a big hit with my family. I freeze the meat mixture in individual portions so we can have a quick meal on a hectic day. --Janet Briggs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + simmering
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into chunks
- 1-3/4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 16 sandwich rolls, split
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 11 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours or until beef is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove beef from sauce and shred; return to the sauce and heat through. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 447 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 758mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Saucy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.