These tangy beef sandwiches are a big hit with my family. I freeze the meat mixture in individual portions so we can have a quick meal on a hectic day. --Janet Briggs
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into chunks
- 1-3/4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 16 sandwich rolls, split
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 11 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours or until beef is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove beef from sauce and shred; return to the sauce and heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p71
Reviews forSaucy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2013
"i made this years ago but lost the recipe but now found it again..thanks taste of home..."