Saucy Baked Beans
My family enjoys these baked beans with corn bread, but they also round out any cookout. Canned pork and beans make preparation easy. —Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 293 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Schmalz's Style Baked Beans in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.