It's hard to eat just one of these bite-size brownies. My boys like them a lot, so I often have some frozen cookie dough shaped into balls ready to pop into the oven.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar or additional sugar
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Stir in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until edges are set and tops crack. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 94 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Saucepan Fudgies in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.