Saturn Slush Recipe
Swirled in tall glasses, the alternating blueberry and strawberry layers in this refreshing blended beverage will remind you of Saturn's rings. Even the garnish looks "spacey"!
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, unthawed
- 3 cups orange juice, divided
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ORBITAL GARNISH:
- 6 fresh strawberries, hulled and halved widthwise
- 6 unpeeled orange slices
- 1. In a blender, combine frozen strawberries, 2 cups of orange juice and 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar. Cover and process until smooth; set aside. Rinse the blender container. Add blueberries and remaining juice and sugar. Cover and blend until smooth. Alternate layers of strawberry and blueberry in glasses; stir layers a few times to create a swirl. For garnish, thread a strawberry top, hulled side first, an orange slice and a strawberry tip, cut side first, through a drinking straw or stirring stick; place in glass. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 184 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Saturn Slush
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC