Swirled in tall glasses, the alternating blueberry and strawberry layers in this refreshing blended beverage will remind you of Saturn's rings. Even the garnish looks "spacey"!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 3 cups orange juice, divided
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ORBITAL GARNISH:
- 6 fresh strawberries, hulled and halved widthwise
- 6 unpeeled orange slices
- In a blender, combine frozen strawberries, 2 cups of orange juice and 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar. Cover and process until smooth; set aside. Rinse the blender container. Add blueberries and remaining juice and sugar. Cover and blend until smooth. Alternate layers of strawberry and blueberry in glasses; stir layers a few times to create a swirl. For garnish, thread a strawberry top, hulled side first, an orange slice and a strawberry tip, cut side first, through a drinking straw or stirring stick; place in glass.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 184 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Saturn Slush in Quick Cooking Premiere 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.