- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides; drain.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat. If desired, thicken cooking liquid. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSassy Pot Roast
"This roast was okay but not a replacement for my regular standby recipe. It had a distinct sweet sour tang to it that was palatable but not something I would choose to make again. Obviously my review is the exception to the rule. Generally I do like sweet sour flavors but with this roast, it was just not something that was a preferred taste for my family."
"This is so very good. It's a good change from my regular roast beef. With the left overs I piled it on hamburger buns and everyone gobbled them up. Thanks for the recipe."
"This pot roast was a great change from some other recipes. I added carrots the last 5 hours of cooking, it turned out great, the carrots weren't mushy. I will definitely make this again."
"This is such a delicious and perky pot roast, the flavors are very lively and its not to heavy on the calories! Will definitely make this again."
"This has a great tangy flavor and was perfect for a rump roast instead of a chuck roast. I added the potatoes and carrots to the crockpot to make a full meal.This was a very nice change of pace from the typical pot roast I make."