Sassy Chicken & Peppers Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. In a small nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Saute onion and peppers in remaining oil until crisp-tender; stir in salsa and lime juice. Spoon mixture over chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 239 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Sassy Chicken & Peppers
"Very good and low calories."
"one more thing: It does not look like this picture. One could add even more peppers to this dish. The more the better."
"My mom made this and I loved it! It tasted like candy! :) I couldnt get enough of it. You dont even miss any bread or tortilla flavor. Much less calories than most of the other recipes with these ingredients: chicken, salsa, green peppers. I am making this for Memorial Day when our friends are coming over. Serving it with home-made 4 cheese macaroni and cheese. Should comlpiment well!"