Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 18 semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Whipped cream in a can
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Place pancakes on individual plates. For Santa's eyes, place two banana slices on each pancake; top with a chocolate chip. For ears, cut remaining banana slices in half; place on either side of pancake. For nose, remove nine cherries from pie filling; place one in the center of each pancake. Spoon 1/4 cup pie filling above pancake for hat. Use whipped cream to spray the beard, hat brim and pom-pom.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 255 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 25, 2013
These are terrific! My girls loved them on Christmas morning, and they are probably the only reason I was able to get them to sit down to eat, albeit briefly, in the midst of all the chaos. These will be a new family tradition for us, and year one was a big hit.
Dec 22, 2013
Delicious and a fun family tradition we have been keeping for nine years now!!
Dec 25, 2012
I first made these for Christmas breakfast in 2011. Doing it again this year! We are all adults now but---as they say---just because you have to grow older does not mean you have to grow up! At least, not at Christmas!
Dec 24, 2012
My girls look forward to this tradition every Christmas Eve morning! Getting ready to make them now.
Sep 11, 2012
Yummy! My kids loved waking up to these Christmas morning. They were even willing to wait to open presents until Nana and Papa arrived with this delicious distraction!
Dec 22, 2011
Made these for my family/guests as a just-beore-Christmas breakfast and giggled the whole time that I put them together! They are so much fun! Everyone smiled at their plateful of goodness! I am sharing with all my friends.
Dec 21, 2011
Make these every year for my two boys. It's become our tradition to have these Christmas morning!
Dec 4, 2011
These were so easy to make and were such a big hit. I think I will try to use the same ingredients and make snowmen!
Dec 1, 2011
Made these last year for my hubby! He loved them, and has requested them again this year. (I bought precooked pancakes, just popped them in the microwave) Very fast and fun!
Dec 19, 2009
We made these last year for Christmas breakfast and we're making them again this year. They're yummy and TONS OF FUN!