Santa Maria Roast Beef Recipe
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 beef tri-tip roast or beef sirloin tip roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 cups soaked hickory wood chips or chunks
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Combine the first 11 ingredients; rub desired amount over roast. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Store leftover dry rub in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- 2. Remove roast from the refrigerator 1 hour before grilling. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Add wood chips according to manufacturer’s directions.
- 3. Unwrap roast and brush with oil; place over drip pan. Grill, covered, over medium-low indirect heat for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 294 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Santa Maria Roast Beef
"Every year we buy 2 rib eye roasts for a family get together. I have tried many rubs over many years. Finally; this this is the best. I followed the directions for prime rib cooking. If you like a slightly Southwest flavor then this is without a doubt the recipe to use, it will become a doover in my recipe box.Daysoff"
"This was a delicious Tri-tip recipe. My family loved the this recipe and we will BBQ our Tri-tip this way from now on."