Santa Fe Rice Salad
This warm rice and bean salad served with crunchy tortilla chips is sure to make any mealtime a fiesta! "My whole family enjoys this snappy salad," reports Marilyn Sherwood of Fremont, Nebraska. "Occasionally I add other ingredients, depending on what I have on hand, but this combination is most popular at our house."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- In a nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil for 6-7 minutes or until tender. Stir in the rice, beans, corn and picante sauce until heated through. Place 1 cup of lettuce on each of six salad plates. Top with 1 cup rice mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 tablespoon sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips.