Santa Fe Corn on the Cob
"Corn is my all-time favorite food, and this is the best way I've fount to fix it," Laurie Meaike writes from Audubon, Iowa. "The zesty grilling sauce has Southwestern flair, but it's not too hot or spicy. My family loves corn served this way.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 6 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Soak corn in cold water for 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine butter and garlic. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until garlic is softened, stirring once. Stir in the steak sauce, chili powder and cumin; set aside.
- Carefully peel back husks from corn to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Brush corn with sauce. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 107 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Santa Fe Corn on the Cob in Light & Tasty August/September 2002