Santa Fe Corn on the Cob
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 6 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Soak corn in cold water for 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine butter and garlic. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until garlic is softened, stirring once. Stir in the steak sauce, chili powder and cumin; set aside.
- Carefully peel back husks from corn to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Brush corn with sauce. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 107 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Nov 14, 2019
Corn with a kick! I served this with BBQ ribeye, and it was delicious! One addition though, the recipe needs a sprinkle of salt before rewraping the husk for the grill. Even though the steak sauce has salt, it's not enough. Would definitely make this again.