- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and corn chips, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, corn, tomatoes, juice, salad dressing mix and taco seasoning.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until heated through. Serve with sour cream, cheese and corn chips if desired. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews forSanta Fe Chili
"Excellent, but I did need to add additional seasonings to give it more heat. I used the Spicy V8 Juice, Crushed Red Pepper and Cumin. I also only used 1 envelope of ranch salad dressing (just concerned about sodium). Will definitely make again!"
"Awesome chili! We loved it. Added a little more V-8."
"Big hit with everyone"
"I used all the ingredients the recipe calls for, but made quite a few changes to the amounts & measurements. I only used 1 can of each of the beans, cut way back on the corn & used 4 cups of V8 juice. I also only used 1 packet of each of the seasonings. Loved it the way I made it!"
"the whole family loved it and voted this is the only chili I am to make from now on"
"Made it just as written and it was great! I will now try the spicy V8 and red pepper next time. This is a keeper."
"Delicious! I added the Crushed Red Pepper flakes as suggested by another poster, and I put in about a teaspoon of ground cumin seed as well as about 1.5 teaspoons of dried cilantro."
"Because of all the good ratings, I made this recipe today for lunch. Only made 1/4 recipe since I am cooking for 2 and didn't want a lot of leftovers if we didn't care for it. Wish I had just halved the recipe! This is fantastic! Unlike any chili we have ever eaten but it really is great. Had to make a special trip to the store for the corn chips as we don't keep that kind of thing on hand but so glad we made the effort. They really added that extra touch to a truly great and easy meal. Thank you so much!"