Santa Fe Chicken Pate
I love to cook, and appetizers are my specialty. My husband, son and I have enjoyed this unique spread for years. Hot pepper sauce adds some zest.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add the chicken, onion, jalapeno and garlic. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, stirring to crumble. Drain; place in a food processor.
- Add the mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, lime zest, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce if desired; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers.