Santa Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting (about 1-2/3 cups)
- Red gel or paste food coloring
- Miniature marshmallows
- Brown M&M's minis
- Red Hots
- Red jimmies
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, filling paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; cool completely.
- 2. Tint 2/3 cup frosting red with food coloring. Place 3 tablespoons white frosting in a food-safe plastic bag; cut a 1/4-in. hole in one corner and reserve for piping.
- 3. Use remaining white frosting to cover two-thirds of each cupcake. For hats, cover remaining third of each cupcake with red frosting. Pipe fur trim with white frosting; add marshmallows for pom-poms. Decorate with M&M's, Red Hots and jimmies for faces; add coconut for beards. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cupcake: 276 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Santa Cupcakes
"we loved them"
"Simple to make and look stunning."
"My granddaughter and I made these cupcakes last year and they were a big hit with all her little friends."
"Made these for The Ronald McDonald House that I volunteer with plus a batch for my daughter's 20th birthday. They were perfect and quite easy. I substituted a red mini m&m for the nose. Will definitely make again next year."
"I had so much fun making these, and they were a great hit with my family."
"Looks great!I Have some Red Silicone cupcake cups. Will look festive.Tomorrow!"
"Thanks for the ideas for an alternative to coconut. I'm almost embarrassed that I didn't think of that on my own. It also sparked the thought of using shavings from candy bars that are made of white chocolate."
"or more mini marshmallows for a beard"
"As an alternative to the coconut you could shave some white chocolate bark.These are adorable!"
"These are adorable!! Other than being creative with frosting, does anyone have suggestions for an alternative to the coconut for the beard?"
"Try placing red frosting in a plastic bag also and cut the tip off to frost top of cupcake. I found it less messy."
"I will be making these for a church event this weekend!!"
"These are so cute I am going to have to try this around Christmas time.Sharon Auernheimer from Merced, Ca"