Sandy's Slow-Cooked Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Yield: 14 servings.
1 cup: 183 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Sandy's Slow-Cooked Chili
"This wasn't bad but wasn't anything special either. It didn't have enough flavor or seasoning for me."
"I have used this recipe since it was featured in the magazine. I love the flavors and also the ease of making it. Normally I add a little bit of Frank's Red Hot to spice it up a bit. I also use 1 can of pinto beans instead of all kidney beans."
"GREAT MEAL. easy TO MAKE! I LOVED IT SO MUCH, I MADE A BATCH 2 DAYS LATER!!!"
"We have made this twice now and will defintely make again. So good on a cold winter day served with shredded cheese on top and cornbread on the side. Yummy!"
"Best chili Ive had to date. I left it cooking overnight and let it sit for a few hours so the sauce would thicken. Had it with some cheese and sour cream. Delicious! It was gone the same day :)"
"I tried this recipie today, It's still in the crockpot but I took a little taste earlier. It's great. I used a little less chili powder (actually I used cayanne pepper) about 2 1/2 teaspoons. And I used no green chilies. I cut up one red pepper and but that instead. I like a little less hot chili. But never the less it is great. easy to make and looking forward to sitting down to bowl of it with some corn bread."