Sand Dollar Cookies Recipe
Relates Michelle Duncan of Callaway, Florida, "When the military relocated our family, my children had never lived near the beach before. I came up with this special treat with a beach theme--it made our move more fun!"
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Slivered almonds and cinnamon-sugar
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in extract. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll dough between waxed paper to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-1/2-in. round cookie cutter dipped in flour. Using a floured spatula, place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with egg. Decorate with almonds and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 12-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 9 cookies.
1 cookie: 240 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Sand Dollar Cookies
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC