Sand Castle Brownie Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 1-qt. glass container, layer the first seven ingredients in order listed, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (4 cups total).
- To prepare brownies: In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir in brownie mix (batter will be thick). Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 27-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Jul 16, 2013
I was completely confused with this recipe. I didn't know it was one of those jarred gift things when I first read it, duh! It sounds like it would be good but I haven't tried it yet.
Sep 11, 2012
I made this jarred craft years ago,lost the recipe, came looking for it and found it immediately. Love this idea. What a great gift idea. The lemonade beverage syrup is a great accompliment as well as delicious.Thanks for such wonderful ideas.
Oct 26, 2010
Made this for our family weekend to the beach, along with giving everyone a mix to take home with them. They didn't last long as everyone ate them up. Definitely will make again.
Jun 8, 2009
It turned out great, but when mixing the batter it was really dry
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.