- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; transfer to a slow cooker. Add garlic to drippings; cook and stir for about 2 minute or until golden. Stir in soy sauce, wine or broth, brown sugar and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove chops. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Return chops to slow cooker. Cover and cook for at least 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSan Francisco Chops
"I have made this recipe for years. It's delicious. We like it with egg noodles. It's good with chicken too. I always double the sauce so everyone gets enough on their rice or noodles"
"Too much soy sauce for our taste."
"This is a favorite for our family and friends!"