Sammie’s Breakfast Burritos
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 breakfast turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, salsa, chili powder, cumin and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Push sausage to the sides of pan. Pour egg mixture into center of pan. Cook and stir until set. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- 3. Place 1/2 cup mixture on each tortilla; roll up.
1 each: 211 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 233mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Sep 21, 2017
Not a big breakfast food fan, but these were excellent.
Jan 24, 2016
What a tasty and versatile recipe. I sometimes make a "grab and go" breakfast that we can take on the road with us. This one will be in the rotation!
Dec 31, 1969
My kids love these for a quick dinner before practice. And they are SUPER picky!
Feb 23, 2011
My husband and I really enjoyed these! I am a vegetarian so I made them with a sausage-style meat substitute.