Salty Dog Sangria
Mix up grapefruit vodka, ginger ale, grapefruit juice, a little wine and simple syrup and what do you get? A perfectly refreshing and beautiful sipper fit for any holiday or special gathering. —Becky Hardin, Saint Peters, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) rose wine
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) ginger ale
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit-flavored vodka
- Grapefruit slices
- Coarse sea salt and grated grapefruit peel
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Cool completely. Transfer to a large pitcher. Stir in the wine, juice, ginger ale, vodka and grapefruit slices. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Using water, moisten the rims of sixteen wine glasses. Mix salt and grapefruit peel on a plate; hold each glass upside down and dip rim into salt mixture. Set aside. Discard remaining salt mixture on plate. Serve sangria in prepared glasses over ice.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 186 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Salty Dog Sangria in Taste of Home November 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.