- 40 saltines
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over crackers.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over top. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 pounds.
Reviews forSaltine Toffee Bark
"Pages like this with videos everywhere is why I stopped my subscription to Taste of Home. You cannot even read the recipe without another video popping up [email protected]"
"The combination of salty and sweet here is awesome!! This is one of my boy's favorite candies!! We love it!!"
"LOVE this and its super easy to make!"
"I made this recipe using Round buttery crackers! It gave it a yum boost!! My family loved it"
"Try using Ritz crackers, it is better than with saltines, adds a nice butter flavor."
"Love these types of toffee, very easy and very addictive"
"This is an easy and delicious recipe. I used toffee bits and chopped cashews as toppings. This a great recipe for holiday gift trays."
"Try it with a layer of pretzels instead of saltines. Just be sure the pretzels are all flat and packed tightly together. Yum!"
"This was so easy and absolutely delicious. You can't stop eating it. This will also make great gifts."