- 40 saltines
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over crackers.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over top. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 pounds.
Reviews forSaltine Toffee Bark
"I haven't made this exact recipe, but I make one similar except I use 1 cup of dark brown sugar, just the semi-sweet chocolate chips, and chopped nuts. Prep is the same except I bake 5 to 6 minutes. I love the flavor of the dark brown sugar. Be sure you don't need to use any willpower with this around because you can't have enough to resist this. It is addictive. I have also had it made with graham crackers, but don't like as much because I love the sweet-salty combination."
"Wow! This was easy and dangerously delicious. It pleased both toffee lovers (me) and those normally not fond of it (my husband). I made this for gifts for the neighbors and will keep this in my rotation and use often"
"A co-worker shared this recipe with me 15 years ago and I've been making it ever since. What a great, easy candy to give as gifts, or just to enjoy at home."
"I've been making this for awhile except with one exception, I use ground up walnuts in place of the toffees to give it a little protein....everyone loves it...I've also used the Keebler crackers in place of the saltines, also very good! Makes a lot so you can share. You also can keep it wrapped in aluminum foil and freeze it. YUM!"
"Made this a couple of years ago and it was a hit! Everyone loved it and it's SO simple!"
"The combination of salty and sweet here is awesome!! This is one of my boy's favorite candies!! We love it!!"