Saltine Toffee Bark
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 40 saltines
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over crackers.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over top. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 ounce: 171 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 28, 2019
Made this for our family at Christmas. It was a love/meh response. Some thought it was a fantastic candy recipe and hoped I'd make it again, and about half of the rest of the family didn't care for it enough to have a second piece. Go figure.
Dec 27, 2019
Excellent recipe. Been using this for many years now. I use parchment paper rather than foil. So much easier than the foil.
Dec 23, 2019
I used parchment paper and it worked good.
Dec 17, 2019
I had the same problem as another person who made the recipe. The foil stuck and it was a sticky mess. What did I do wrong? In the video I don't even see foil. Should a heavier foil been used or can you make and not use foil just butter a pan? Would like to make again but don't want this to happen again.
Dec 12, 2019
I have this recipe in an old church cookbook
Oct 29, 2019
I make these all the time! So great and easy! I use gluten free crackers to make these gluten free for our family!
Dec 18, 2018
I made this and put crushed candy canes and its now peppermint bark. Big hit with everyone.
Dec 13, 2018
Easy and truly delicious. Makes nice brittle for gift giving. Looks pretty in tins
Dec 12, 2018
These are so addictive, not to mention incredibly good and so easy to make. The only way I'll make them is when I need something to share otherwise I'd eat them all by myself. :) Thanks for sharing!
Apr 25, 2018
This bark is easy and delicious! It is hard to stop eating it. I made just as written and it turned out great. Next time may try dark chocolate chips. Highly recommend.