- 35 saltines
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil. Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Spread evenly over crackers.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over top. Sprinkle with pecans. Cool slightly.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, 1 hour or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews forSaltine Cracker Candy with Toasted Pecans
"Not that great."
"I have made this recipe for a few years and everyone loves them. Also have skipped pecans and sprinkled sea salt before. Yummy!"
"I have made 2 batches this year. I did toast the pecans but they didn't adhere to the chocolate and so for the second batch I chopped salted peanuts and they worked well."
"Unfortunately I never got to eat it as it went into the trash. The amount of packed brown sugar was insufficient. Then the chocolate chips would NOT melt so I put it in the oven with the chips and still wouldn't melt. Tried the convection oven on broil and still no melting...just started to smoke. After trying everything, I put it in the trash. What a waste of my time.This is only the 2nd time in my life that I've thrown something in the trash and I've been cooking for almost 50 years.It would make more sense to melt the chips on the stove and pour over the crackers. Anyway, I'm done with it and won't cook anything on this site unless it has lots of reviews and is kitchen tested...."
"Love this! Be sure to boil the butter and sugar for the full time."
"I didn't think this was very good. And since my husband brought home the container from work almost full, I'll say it wasn't a winner."
"I have made something like this before only using graham crackers. Try it - it's also very good."
"This has been a family favorite for years. Trust me you will love it! One of the best holiday treats around my house."
"Awesome and easy!"
"It's hard to believe that these simple ingredients make such a delicious treat. Sweet salty, chocolate toffee. Can't go wrong!!"