- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Smoked or kosher salt
- Arrange 30 paper or foil candy cups on a baking sheet. Spritz each cup with cooking spray; set aside. In a small heavy saucepan, bring the cream, butter and salt to a boil; keep warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup; cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Bring to a boil; cook, without stirring, until mixture turns a golden amber color, about 4 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the cream mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 247°.
- Remove from the heat. Pour into prepared liners (do not scrape saucepan). Sprinkle with salt. Let stand until firm, about 2 hours. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forSalted Soft Caramels
"This was very simple and very good."
"Be sure you TOTALLY cover the papers with cooking spray, or there is NO way the paper is coming off the caramels! Just wrecked this recipe by not doing this!"