Salted Pecan Shortbread Squares
My shortbread squares are the ultimate go-to for cookie trays and gift-giving. The buttery caramel and toasted nuts make it a tough to eat just one. —Diana Ashcraft, Monmouth, Oregon
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 13x9-in. baking pans with foil, letting ends extend up sides of pan.
- 2. Place flour, confectioners' sugar, cornstarch and salt in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add butter; pulse until butter is the size of peas. Divide mixture between prepared pans; press onto bottom of pans. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir until sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips, cream and vanilla until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spread over crusts.
- 4. Bake 12-15 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Cool completely in pans on wire racks. Using foil, lift the shortbread out of pans. Gently peel off foil; cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
1 bar: 201 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 11, 2019Absolutely delicious. I made half a recipe but next time I’ll make a whole one. Love these
Feb 24, 2019Addicting!
Dec 4, 2015
Had these at a Christmas party. Excellent !
Nov 6, 2015
Very, very good.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC