Salted Peanut Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 10 dozen.
1 each: 72 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Salted Peanut Cookies
"You can really taste the peanuts in this cookie. It seems to be missing something. The next time I make them I am going to increase the vanilla a little."
"These are a favorite, but only make about half of what the recipes says."
"Excellent, finally I found a good chocolate chip recipe."
"My family and friends love these cookies. I get requests to make them on a regular basis."
"These cookies are the best. They are a favourite in our family. I get requests for the recipe all the time."
"I love these cookies. They're my favorites. I have eated since now the traditional sweet chocolate cookies (superb, wonderful, it's a unique taste, yum yum), I want to try these ones as soon as possible!!!!"
"This seems like an excellent recipe. I love sweet and salty foods together."