- 3 cups salted peanuts without skins, divided
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Place half of the peanuts in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter chips over low heat. Remove from the heat. Add milk and marshmallows; stir until melted. Pour over peanuts. Sprinkle the remaining peanuts on top. Cover and refrigerate. Cut into bars. Yield: 30 servings.
Reviews forSalted Nut Squares
"This is a "must make" at Christmas for my family! If you're having problems with it firming up, check your package of peanut butter chips! Mine DOES NOT contain a full 2 cups. If you're making the recipe with only the 1-2/3 cups of chips in a single package it will probably be softer."
"I have peanut butter on the shelf, but not chips. Can I use that instead?"
"These are divine! They taste a lot like a Payday candy bar. I have made them twice now for gatherings and have gotten rave reviews. I leave the stove on very low when I add the SCM and marshmallows and stir continually until melted. This seems to speed up the melting process. Definitely a recipe I will be making often. Thanks!"
"This worked better with 3 cups mini marshmallows and be sure to use the large Virginia peanuts because they don't work well."
"Yummy but very gooey. Hard to eat out of hand, a fork works better. It took a long time to get the marshmallows to melt and I had to the pan back on low heat, so maybe that's what went wrong? May try again with half the filling ingredients. But - it was yummy!"
"It taste just like or maybe better the Salted Nut Roll Candy Bar. I think next time I will mix the peanuts in the saucepan as one of the last ingredients."
"Thank you for the recipe..."
"Fantastic bar. Reminds me of the PayDay Bar. Everyone loves this and I get writers cramp giving out the recipe. It is really great for travel. Don't have to worry about temperature control with this one!! A+"