When I brought these salty sweet cookies to a potluck, I overheard people talking about how wonderful they were. I'm not sure if it was the cookie, the caramel or the chocolate that they loved best.—Priscilla Yee, Concord, CA
Featured In: 27 Favorite Mini Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 36 caramels
- 36 pecan halves, toasted
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine cookie mix and flour. Beat in butter and egg until blended. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; press onto bottom and up sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, chocolate chips and confectioners' sugar. Place a rounded teaspoon of filling in each cup. Press one caramel into the filling in each cup. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown and caramel is melted. Sprinkle with sea salt; top with a pecan half. Cool completely in pan on wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookie Cups in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p31
Reviews forSalted Caramel Cookie Cups
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2016
"These look good but I have a few questions: Can they be made the day before needed and stored in the refrigerator. How well do they freeze?? The one star is because I'm asking questions."