VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Coarse sea salt
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls; press evenly onto bottoms and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, caramel topping and allspice until blended. Stir in nuts. Place about 2 teaspoons mixture in each cup.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until edges are golden and filling is set. Immediately sprinkle tops with salt. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Salted Caramel & Nut Cups in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2014, p47