When I was deciding what type of cookie to make for a Christmas swap, I decided to make something with coconut, pudding mix and salted caramel. Boxed, these could make a great gift as well. I like to drizzle caramel over the tops of the cookies before serving for a special touch. —Stacey Ritz, Sudbury, Ontario
Featured In: 10 Salted Caramel Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 48 pecan halves, toasted
- Place 1-3/4 cups pecans and salt in a food processor; pulse until pecans are finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in milk, coconut and pudding mix until blended. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until mixture is firm enough to roll.
- Shape mixture into forty-eight 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Top each with a pecan half, flattening slightly. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Salted Butterscotch & Pecan No-Bakes in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2014, p119